Planning a wedding is an exciting time, where most brides, grooms, and even parents want to look their best on this day. After all, it’s your biggest asset when it comes to appearing confident and happy in front of your best friends and family.
So, it’s no surprise that you might want to have a smile makeover before your wedding. You want to look your very best when you walk down the aisle, so why not have a brighter, whiter smile? At Sloan Creek Dental, Dr. Feng and her staff are thrilled to welcome future brides and grooms thru their doors. We offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services and treat our patients with care a we understand the desire to look your best. Should you decide to sit down for a pre-wedding smile makeover with us in Fairview, we can help you get a smile that will turn heads.
Benefits of a Wedding Smile Makeover
If you’re unhappy with your smile, a makeover could be just the thing to help you feel more relaxed and confident on your wedding day. Some of the benefits include:
- Capture amazing memories with your beautiful smile
- Feel comfortable and confident
- Able to enjoy your special day without worrying about your smile
- Enjoy your favorite foods
- Put an end to the tooth pain that may put a damper on your wedding day
What dental concerns can a wedding smile makeover correct?
A wedding smile makeover can improve your dental health and help you feel more confident on the big day. As such, it should be part of your pre-wedding checklist as a smile makeover can correcting many dental concerns such as:
- Uneven Teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Teeth that are chipped, cracked, or broken
- Improper tooth spacing
Need Restorative Dental Work Before the Wedding?
There are many options for restoring broken, chipped, or stained teeth, which may include filling the gaps of missing enamel with bonding, crowns, or veneers.
Dental bonding is a simple, non-invasive and conservative procedure that transforms chipped, broken, cracked teeth into beautifully aligned and proportioned smiles. With bonding, a tooth colored composite material is bonded to the tooth surface. The composite is tooth colored and can close spaces between the teeth if they are too thin.
Veneers are a quick and popular choice to give your smile a complete makeover. They can fix a wide variety of cosmetic dental issues such as cracks, chips, gaps, stains, crooked teeth, and badly shaped teeth. Veneers are thin, custom-made shells that cover the front side of teeth and are polished to look like your own natural teeth. Veneers is an easy option for those who want to improve a less than perfect smile.
Crowns are sometimes necessary if the porcelain veneer won’t work, or to protect and fix severely broken or decayed teeth. Crowns can also improve the appearance of your smile by making your teeth a uniform shape and size by covering unsightly fillings, chips in front teeth, and gaps between your teeth.
Timetable for your Wedding Smile Makeover
At Sloan Creek Dental, we customize each procedure to meet your individual needs. Being that every smile makeover is unique, we’ll work together to decide specifically which procedures will yield the best results for your lifestyle and goals. Here is the approximate timing for different cosmetic treatments with Dr. Feng.
One Year or More: If you’re looking to straighten your teeth, make sure you have enough time for orthodontic treatment. Treatment using Invisalign Clear Aligners require less time than traditional metal braces however we still recommend on giving yourself enough time to complete the treatment.
Six Months or More: Dental implants are the best long-term solution for replacing missing teeth. Schedule your consultation at least six months in advance so you’ll have the look and the functionality you want by the day of your wedding.
Three Months or Less: We can complete many restorative and cosmetic treatments in a matter of weeks. Fixing your fillings, veneers, or crowns can be completed in about a month or so. Depending on the treatment needed, we can even perform some procedures same day.
One Month or Less: Our wedding laser teeth whitening treatment can brighten your smile in less than an hour. We typically recommend doing the treatment a month or at least 2 weeks beforehand just in case your teeth become temporarily sensitivity after the laser teeth whitening.
Tips for a picture-perfect smile
Here are some top tips on helping you achieve that picture-perfect smile.
- If you’re planning a big event and want white teeth for photos, whiten your teeth at least one month beforehand. By doing so, you give yourself extra time for any touch-ups is needed. If you whiten your teeth too close to the event, there is a risk of tooth sensitivity or gum irritation, which can negatively affect your wedding day and photos.
- Give your smile a boost by using a toothpaste that has whitening agent to help achieve that brilliant white smile. This will also help your teeth stay white longer if you’re using another form of whitening treatment.
- Wine and coffee are delicious but try to avoid drinking them or eating stain causing foods that can cause stains on your teeth.
- Caring for your teeth is not only good for your oral health, it is also a big part of living a healthy lifestyle. Brush your teeth twice daily, floss daily, and visit your dentist for regular examinations and cleanings.
When should you plan your wedding smile makeover?
Schedule your smile makeover well in advance of your wedding day to ensure that you are confident on your wedding day. Your wedding is a once in a lifetime event and we would love to help create a beautiful smile for you. Planning ahead is key to ensure we may have enough time to complete your treatment.